Chocolate Berry eyes and lips
Most popular blog post of the week: Makeover Mondays- Natural Nude read here
Favourite product of the week: Lush: Dark Angels
Quote of the week: "beauty the power by which a women charms a lover, and terrifies a husband."
Best moment: Coming home to see my boyfriend and family x
Favourite fellow blogger: British Beauty Blogger read here
On my wishlist: Estee Lauder- Doublewear Foundation.
Tip of the week: Keep your brushes clean, it will stop bacteria from spreading.
Song of the week: Destinys Child- Say My Name..
Best purchase: Essie: Nothing Else Metals
Instagram Photos of the Week:
I’ve slightly adopted the can’t stop won’t stop attitude to shopping, and seem to be finding amazing Christmas presents, getting them home and then deciding that I’ll keep them for myself!! Sorry mummy but this post is all about your supposed lush stocking fillers, that I have adopted as my own, (woops.)
The Lush Dark Angel’s facial cleansing scrub is new to me, but I love any products that contain charcoal, I feel they remove any impurities and yucky oil from my skin! This is a fabulous scrub and leaves you feeling refreshed and clean. The natural ingredient list makes it perfect for my problematic skin. The only downside to this product is the mess it makes!! Because it’s basically soot, your bath, shower and sink are left covered in a layer of black scum, yuck!! So make sure you wipe the surfaces clean after use, otherwise your partner/flatmate/family might think you’ve been rolling in mud!
There is something extremely exciting about using this cleanser, the concept of rubbing black clay all over my face, creates a new dimension of fun to my skincare routine. Whilst being incredibly messy, the results are pretty impressive, improved oil balance, glowing skin, less blackheads and amazingly smooth skin!!
Another scrub comes in the form of Santa’s lip scrub….. Lush are known for creating really good lip scrubs, and although I've come to realise these are something that can be easily made at home with ingredients found in the kitchen, it didn't stop me buying this festive product. The strong smell of cola bottles has provided me with a real dilemma over whether or not it is acceptable to lick the scrub of my lips. I seem to do be doing this all the time, without little thought towards the fact I am eating a beauty product, (what has my life become).
This scrub is Ideal for this time of the year, when the cold weather creates havoc on our lips. This lip scrub will help keep lips smooth and soft, whilst prepping them for a Christmas bright red lip!
I may appear incredibly selfish for stealing my lovely mothers Christmas presents, but hey, great decision. I've found a scrub/cleanser I will definitely be re-buying and a tasty treat for when my sugar cravings get too much, what a result.
You can buy these products online here!
Let me know if you've bought a friend a Christmas present and kept it for yourself?
Have you tried these fab products?
Us ladies are often pushed for time, and although we want to look as stunning as possible, spending hours on makeup application isn't feasible. This Perfect Nude tutorial will show you a quick and easy way to create an everyday makeup look. The most important products for this look are, Mac Eyeshadow in Uninterrupted, Bobbi Brown Powder in Golden Light 1 and No7 Precision Lip Pencil in nude. It really isn't necessary to go out and buy all of these products; you’ll probably find you have similar alternatives which are just as good. Stay tuned for next Monday when I will be showing you how to stay on trend with berry lips and eyes! See links below for stockists and more info on each product.
Tru Ultimate deep cleanse Buy here!
Tru Toning Treatment Buy Here!
Tru Holy Grail Facial Moisturiser Buy here!
Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid in Light Porcelain Buy here!
Bobbi Brown Powder in Golden Light 1 Buy Here!
Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle Buy here!
Bobbi Brown Blush in Apricot Buy here!
L’Oreal Super Liner Brow Artist Buy here!
Mac Eye shadow in Uninterrupted Buy here!
Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curlers Buy here!
BareMinerals Flawless Definition mascara Buy here!
Kevyn Aucoin Volume Mascara Buy here!
No7 Precision Lip Pencil in Nude Buy here
Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in Glow Buy here!
Topshop Lipstick in Nevada Buy here!
Let me know what you think of this look by commenting below! To find out about the science behind your favorite beauty products head to Beauty by the Geeks!
Favourite product of the week: Essie Nail polish in Nothing Else Metals
Quote of the week: "I believe that all women are pretty without makeup, but that the right makeup can make a women pretty powerful"
Best moment: Walking at the Love Niche bloggers event in fabulous clothes!!
Favourite fellow blogger: Tanya Burr read her blog here!
On my wishlist: Lush - Christmas Lip scrub.
Tip of the week: Spice up your everyday hair with fun wave creators.
Song of the week: Selena Gomez-Come and Get it.
Best purchase: My boyfriends birthday present!! shhh it's a surprise.....
Instagram Photos of the Week:
This Christmas.... The POWER CLUTCH is the number 1 accessory, NOTHING ELSE METALS and remember SIZE MATTERS!!!
Lost? well Power Clutch, Nothing Else Metals and Size Matters are three fabulous Essie nail polishes that I've been wearing this week!! These polishes are actually all from past seasons, however they are still bang on trend. I've had a seriously festive inspired week, finding it difficult to get the "c" word out of my head. When I saw these three shades, I immediately thought they would be perfect for Christmas presents, or better still to keep for yourself and wear over the Christmas period!!
The Power Clutch is the ultimate accessory for this winter... in fact forget the jewelry, simply look fashion forward with this stunning grey/green shade. It's guaranteed to get you noticed. Buy online here.
Buy online here!
Finally a metallic silver with a strong pigment!!! Nothing Else Metals is a fantastic silver shade that screams "i'm sooo cool"! Very festive, think I'll be saving this for a snow day.
Let Me know what you think of these shades?
They are all in the sale at the moment so snap them up before Christmas!!
Girls, if you have naturally wavy hair and have straightened your hair in the last day or so, shame on you!!! I would kill for curly hair, having dead straight hair has become a sad part of my life, stemming from over exposing my mane to dye and heat. My hair is now lifeless and, well, dead straight!!
I’m always searching for new tools to create exciting curls/waves that will add volume and life to my tresses; recently I’ve been trying a tool by Babyliss, which creates a loose crimped look! I know what you are thinking; I too rocked the tightly crimped hair at school and regret the decisions, massively! Do not fear this will look completely different, although the crimped look has recently come back into fashion, surprisingly!!
1. Wash your hair with volumizing moisture shampoo and conditioner, I recommend shampooing twice to make sure you hair is full of volume and not product build-up. I’m currently using Redkin Clear Moisture, which helps my hair lock in moisture, (much needed now the weather is getting colder.) It’s best to style your hair a day or so after your last wash- this way it will stay put for longer.
2. After washing, Spritz your damp hair with a leave in conditioner such as Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance and brush through with a Tangle Teezer.
3. Next, apply a heat protection cream. I can’t stress enough how important it is to protect your hair from damage caused by styling!! Redkin Satin wear Ultimate Blow Dry Lotion will do just that, plus it leaves hair soft, shiny and totally manageable!!
4. I recommend leaving your hair to dry naturally overnight, if this is absurd for you continue with your normal blow dry, but your hair will thank you if you give it a rest and let it dry naturally!
5. After leaving your hair for a day, brush through the hair making sure it’s smooth and knot free.
6. Now we can begin to create fabulous wavy hair, first tie hair into a loose bun on top of the head, leaving a section of hair underneath, this will be the first layer to style.
7. Start at the top of the head and close the tool around a section of hair, hold for 10 seconds depending on thickness of hair, and then move down to the next area. Continue this step for the entire layer.
8. Once you've styled the entire layer, spray with L’oreal Elnett hairspray,so that this look lasts.
9. Keep pulling down new layers of hair and repeating step 7 & 8 until you have finished the entire head of hair.
1. Ta Da, you should now have silky smooth wavy hair. Make sure to finish with a shine spray, such as John Frieda 100% shine glossing mist.
Let me know what you think of this look?
Do you prefer straight or curly hair?