26/09/2013

Glowing skin, I'll drink to that!!



For 2 months now I have been following a healthy eating diet based loosely around that of supermodel Miranda Kerr, today I want to discuss with you the most important part which is breakfast!
Ever heard the saying you are what you eat? well sure enough your skin will reflect the food you've been eating, so make it as nutritious and healthy as possible!! That's why I have my green smoothie every morning to help kick start my day, packed full with Chia seeds, Maca powder, Goji berries, Spirulina powder and Coconut water. Not only will your skin glow but your digestive system will thank you!!


t
Watch the video below to see how to create my breakfast/green smoothie


Chia seeds- High source of fiber, omega 3-fatty acids and antioxidants that help fight free radicals, ageing and cancer!

Maca powder-  The plant has a exclusive sense of balance of proteins, carbs, anti-oxidants, plant sterols , minerals and vitamins.

Spirulina powder- 65% protein and amino acids including the essential fatty acids GLA, which has gotten attention recently for its anti-inflammatory properties (good alternative to protein powder.)

Goji berries-Goji berries contain the highest amount of protein in any through and are the most nutritionally dense fruit available. high in fiber, vitamin c and boasting 15 times more iron than spinach as well as calcium and zinc.

Coconut water- Low in calories, naturally fat and cholesterol free, more potassium than four bananas and super hydrating! even if you don't fancy this smoothie, get on the coconut bandwagon you will really see a difference in your skin

All ingredients available at Holland and Barett
I don't recommend it for taste but there really is no better way to start your day!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one!

However if you need a more direct answer or have a question do feel free to contact me via Twitter @helpmakemebeauiful or drop me an email at durranthayley@yahoo.com

Thank you!