04/10/2013

Intense Blue Eyes


 Are you in a makeup rut? Or just bored of your everyday brown/ black eye shadow shades, how about trying Blue eye shadow seen at LFW on the Topshop models! I know what you are thinking has she lost the plot, but seriously this look is fun and actually looks really alluring!! Although my brother did say I looked like I had been punched in the face, I will ignore his comments and continue to think I look pretty cool rocking my blue eyes!! You can either create a subtle blue eye by simply dotting the blue into the corner of the eyes or go wild and wash the shade all over your lids! This looks amazing on blue eyes as it really highlights your eye colour, check out pictures of Cara Delevigne at the Topshop show to highlight my point!

For a colourful eye shadow I headed straight to the Illamasqua counter at Selfridges and picked up this little beauty, a powder eye shadow called intense, definitely suits its name. This colour is a rich matte teal blue without any sparkle and glitter, which is great for me as I'm not really a fan of glitter in eyeshdow unless it a metallic shade and even then I don't want to see any glitter, instead I'm looking for strong pigment and shimmer.
If you have green or blue eyes, you should try blue eye shadow, don't however make the mistake of buying a high street one which doesn't have a strong pigment. The idea for this look isn't to make it look natural, it needs to be strong and heavy in my opinion and this will really make your eye colour pop!

Do you rock the blue eye shadow?
Whats your favourite colour to wear on your eyes?
Let me know if you have any questions about this look or the product in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one!

However if you need a more direct answer or have a question do feel free to contact me via Twitter @helpmakemebeauiful or drop me an email at durranthayley@yahoo.com

Thank you!